XITE launches international 'Kickstart' program with GAYLE
BROOKLYN/AMSTERDAM, November 1st 2023 - Today, global music video platform XITE is revealing its brand-new artist discovery program 'Kickstart'. The program, which originally focused on domestic artists in the Netherlands, is now going global. This expansion signifies XITE's commitment to supporting and celebrating emerging talent on a worldwide scale.
Every month, XITE puts a spotlight on emerging artists from around the world, displaying their tremendous potential and tracking their ascent to greatness. The 'Kickstart' program is centred on giving a platform to fresh, super-talented artists and turning up the volume on their extraordinary music.
The first artist to be kickstarted by XITE is the American singer GAYLE, who at the age of just 19 years old made a remarkable debut with her EP 'a study of the human experience volume one' in early 2022. This six-track project featured her chart-topping single "abcdefu," leading to accolades like a GRAMMY nomination and more. Her journey as an artist started with a passion for jazz and soul, leading to a move to Nashville and mentorship from renowned songwriter and music executive Kara DioGuardi. GAYLE's music, known for its honesty, has gained massive popularity with over two billion streams. With tour experience supporting artists like Taylor Swift and P!nk, GAYLE continues to inspire audiences with her "messy imperfection" live shows. Her music aims to connect with listeners and help them navigate their own emotions and truths, making her a rising star in the industry.
Key features of the XITE Kickstart program include:
- Spotlight in XITE Playlists: The selected artist will receive dedicated support in XITE's playlists on the CTV app and linear (FAST) channels. Their music videos will have prominent placement in these playlists, guaranteeing a global audience.
- 'Artists To Watch' Playlist: The artist will enjoy a coveted position on the cover of XITE's 'Artists To Watch' playlist for an entire month, with their music video opening the playlist. This spotlight treatment ensures maximum visibility and engagement.
- Social Media Celebration: XITE will announce future Kickstart artists through collaborative social media posts, creating excitement and anticipation among its audience.
- Dedicated Website and Social Media Features: XITE will create an in-depth article on its website, showcasing all the essential information about the artist and their song. This article, as well as other news items on the artist, will be widely shared on XITE's social platforms.
- Exclusive Content Concepts: The Kickstart artist will have the opportunity to participate in unique content concepts like '3 Questions' and 'This Or That,' offering an interactive connection with their fanbase.
XITE aims to offer the best music video experience in the world. Founded in Amsterdam in 2008, the Netherlands, XITE now reaches over 100 million households across Europe, North America, Latin America and Australia through linear networks, interactive TV, and on-demand streaming services. The company revolutionized the way audiences experience music videos by allowing viewers to search, like, and skip through its vast catalog; enjoy channels curated by its team of music experts; and create channels based on genre, era and visual style using its unique Mixer feature. XITE has access to virtually every available music video through agreements with all major and top independent music labels.
For questions or more information:
Download PDFDownload PDF
About XITE Networks
With over 14 years of experience in TV, tech development, music licensing, content production and music curation, XITE is dedicated to building the best music video experience in the world. We want to share our passion for music videos with the world and invite people to experience music beyond listening: to see music.
With more than 200 channels curated by music experts in a diverse range of genres, moods, themes and trends, with a focus on discovery, seasonality and cultural relevance, we aim to be the 'source of truth' for what's happening in music videos and be the music video guides customer's trust. XITE is for everyone who loves music videos.
Our product is available on more than 100 million connected televisions, set-top boxes and OTT devices in North-America and Europe.